23 August 2006

Complaints

Wednesday 9:09pm 23Aug06

I can be a big complainer sometimes. It seems that when I have something to complain about more things happen for me to complain about. I've been working on this. I find that instead of telling myself that I don't want to complain all the time I actually have to tell myself what I do want before I can see any results.

I want to notice all the good things that people say and do through out my work day. I want to notice that one cute contractor that smiled at me. I want to enjoy the blasts of laughter caused by my work buddies Air and Ado. I want to have several snickering sessions with my little friend so my work mates think I'm on a personal call when I'm not.

But when I need to complain, because sometimes you need to, I want to get it out of my system and leave it where it lay rather than bring it home with me tormenting my dreams and possibly starting tomorrow with that attitude. I want to feel okay about complaining.

Quote from Sara, Book 1 - The Foreverness of Friends of a Feather:
"Okay. I want to fly because walking isn't much fun and it takes so long to walk around down here on the ground."

Sara, can you see that you are still talking more about what you don't want and why you don't want it? Try again.

"Okay. I want to fly because... I don't get this, Solomon. What do you want me to say?"

I want you to talk about what you do want, Sara.

"I WANT TO FLY!" Sara shouted, feeling annoyed at Solomon's inability to understand her.

Now, Sara, tell me why you want to fly. What would that be like? How would it feel? Make it feel real to me, Sara. Describe it to me, what does flying feel like? I don't want you to tell me what it's like on the ground, or what it is like NOT to fly. I want you to tell me what it is like to fly.

"Flying feels very free, Solomon. It's like floating, but faster."

Tell me, what you would see if you were flying?

"I would see the whole town down below. I would see Main Street and cars moving and people walking. I would see the river. I would see my school."

How does flying feel, Sara? Describe what it feels like to fly.

"It would be so much fun, Solomon! Flying just has to be so much fun. I could soar fast as the wind. It would feel so free. It feels so good, Solomon!"

And then, suddenly, with the same sense of power that Sara had felt in Solomon's wings as she had seen him lift off his post day after day, Sara felt a whoosh within her that took her breath away. Her body felt, for a moment, as if it weighed ten thousand pounds, and then, instantly, she felt absolutely weightless. And then, Sara was flying... Pages 42 & 43.

This message is for you, little one, because I'm thinking about you. Tomorrow is the clean slate. Leave yesterdays complaints with yesterday including the bad feelings about yourself for having to complain. Think about what you do want and focus on that at least a third of the time. Oh and remind me to do the same when I need it!

EY

No comments: