27 July 2006

My Morning Prayers 2

27July06 Thursday 6:49pm

Here are some more of the morning prayers that I read on a pseudo daily basis...

I am my writing business. I'm the boss, the morale committee, the production line, the billing and receiving department. I have to make it come true. -- Shirley Jump

Look Up
If you're down look up
If you can look up, you can get up
If you can get up, you can succeed.

I trust that the universe's will handle all of the details, including: Will I be published? Will the critics approve? Will my book be a best seller? Will my family approve?
The fact that writing excites me is all that I've ever needed to know. When I follow that thought and stay with it, I conclude that I have the ability and the talent. -- Wayne Dyer

What I desire which is aligned with spirit is on its way -- Wayne Dyer

Hours to develop a skill:
1000 hours to become competent
5000 hours to master skill
25,000 to 35,000 hours to become world class
from www.earlytorise.com

The hours to develop a skill really makes you think about getting on with practicing whatever art or talent you have...

I have had these quotes for years and can't remember where I got it from:
By using only 50% of our total mental capacity, we could easily learn 40 languages and memorize a 24 volume encyclopedia.
When you make a commitment the universe conspires to help you achieve it.

More Affirmations:
Publishers happily pay me top dollar for my writing.
I turn fear into fuel to attain fulfillment.
The universe supports my action steps.

St. Francis of Assisi Prayer
as sung by Skye Dyer

Make me a channel of your peace
where there is hatred let me bring your love
where there is injury, your pardon love
where there is doubt, true faith in you

Make me a channel of your peace
where there is despair in life, let me bring your hope
where there is darkness, only light
where there is sadness, ever joy

Ask to grant that I may never seek
so much to be consoled as to console
to be understood as to understand
to be loved as to love with all my soul

Make me a channel of your peace
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned love
in giving of ourselves that we receive
and in dying we are born to eternal life.


St. Theresa's Prayer:
May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you
May you be content knowing you are a child of God
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

This quote from Rumi, Wayne Dyer mentions in Inspiration. It's about how you'll wake up at the same extra early time each morning like 3:11am. Basically it's about using that time to let inspiration strike:

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Don't go back to sleep. --Rumi

The test before us as a people is not whether our commitments match our will and our courage; but whether we have the will and courage to match our commitments -- Lyndon B. Johnson (Speech, 3 Aug 1967)

"This most of all: ask yourself in the most silent hour of your night: must I write? Dig into yourself for a deep answer. And if this answer rings out in assent, if you meet this solemn question with a strong, simple "I must," then build your life in accordance with this necessity; your whole life, even into its humblest and most indifferent hour, must become a sign and witness to this impulse."
--Rainer Maria Rilke

"The path of compassion does not obligate you to love everyone regardless of how they act or who they are. It is a path of seeing the truth of who they are, acknowledging all their parts. It is the path of looking at people and asking is there anything you can do to heal, assist, or bring them in touch with their higher vision? If there is not, then you are pulling down your own energy by spending time with them." -- Living with Joy, Sanaya Roman

Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great. -- Mark Twain

Quotes, prayers and affirmations that inspire me
EY

No comments: